Sunday, July 26, 2009

My Hero of the Smooth Rhetorical Response

I'm well acquainted with reviews and critical writing. I used to write articles of that nature for a living. Ten years of writing my opinions about politics, social justice issues, books, films. I've been teaching creative and academic writing for the past 15 years. I am quick on my feet intellectually speaking, and as a semi-retired dancer, literally speaking. However, I've been introduced to a young man whose rhetorical and critical skills are both stunning and heartwarming. Check out New York-based Jay Smooth's video: "How To Tell People They Sound Racist." He nails both the concept and the practice with metaphorical grace. For those of us who have trouble getting the point, he provides that often missing piece of information: Why this is important. Nice move, Mr. Smooth.

You can find Jay Smooth and his vlogs at illdoctrine.com

No comments: