Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Beast With Three Legs Hits Oakland - Saturday July 7 at 5pm

I just received an invitation to a truly exciting event - Beast Crawl!

On Saturday July 7th from 5pm - 9pm readings and performances at East Bay restaurants, bars, galleries plus an After Party.

Words, drinks, eats and more words at venues in the Uptown district of Oakland. Writers I've read with in the past, writers whose books I own, writers whose CD's I've listened to, writers whose poetry and prose I've taught to my students, writers whose work I'm not familiar with but will get a taste of. Michelle Serros, Samuel Sattin, Rafael Jesus Gonzalez, James Cagney, Nazealah Jeffries, Kim Shuck name a few.

Themes such as: "The Naked Bulb," "Lyrics and Dirges," "The Layover," are tempting. Just think where a writer could go when prompted with those ideas.

A shout out to Kiala Kivehand, editor of Generations Journal and curator of the leg two event at PHOTO Gallery, beginning at 6:30 pm.

As a writer, I think this comes pretty close to an evening of nirvana. What better way to spend a Saturday evening in the East Bay?

Check out the details:

http://beastcrawl.tumblr.com/

No comments: